Beginning this semester the first week we were told to blog about what social media we were involved in. Mine consisted mostly of social networking. Here is a list of the social media I was involved in before with a brief description of how it was used.
- Facebook– My main addiction began as what is known as facebook. On the social media site it created a way to connect with friends and exchange photos along with comments. Facebook has now grown to a place where people can chat and pay games as well.
- Twitter– Twitter is also a great place to post what is going on with you at the moment and share things with friends. Twitter is different because of the 140 characters, but still serves as a great place to network. Personally I have found that it is the place to connect with other PR majors and not to mention see what is up with one’s favorite celebrities.
- Linkedin and PR open mic- I had accounts, but no idea how to use them. Now I do 🙂
After this class…
- Podcasting- Never thought in a million years I would ever pod cast. After this semester I can now see that it is a new way of relaying information and a technology that should be known by PR students. Never thought I would admit it, but it was pretty fun too!
- Blogging- I had never blogged before this class and look at me now. Yes, my blog is not the greatest one, but I am blogging. It serves as a great way to discuss with others and find out what is going on.
- Viral Video- I made a viral video!!! It was a fun experience and it is something that I can be proud of. It is nothing embarrassing like a silly video on youtube, but instead an informative video.